Monday, March 31, 2014

Jury Duty -- Letter to US Attorney

March 31, 2014
Ronald C. Machen Jr.
U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia
United States Attorney's Office
555 4th Street, NW
Washington, DC  20530

RE: Jury Duty -- Participant # 101476514   Juror # 01-1442

Dear Mr. Machen:


I have been summoned for jury duty by the U.S. District Court of Washington, DC.  I have been diagnosed with severe mental illness (paranoid schizophrenia) and have been continuously unemployed and disabled since October 29, 1991.  I take anti-psychotic medication, but medical treatment has not modified my seemingly delusional thinking.  I believe that I have been under surveillance by my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, since October 1988, the past 25 years.  My psychiatric records state that my judgment is "grossly impaired" (Didi Bailey, MD).


I believe that the following individuals have been involved, if only tangentially, in surveillance of me: Judge David Sentelle (a poker buddy of the late Bob Strauss); Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (a neighbor of the late Bob Strauss at The Watergate); former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan (a friend of the late Bob Strauss); President Barack Obama (a friend of Vernon E. Jordan, Jr.); U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. (a friend of Vernon E. Jordan, Jr.); and former President Bill Clinton (a friend of Vernon E. Jordan, Jr.).


A decision by a District Court judge to seat me on a jury may constitute reversible error in any proceedings in which I serve as a juror.  I plan to raise the issues set forth in the following documents in open court before the presiding judge at voir dire.


Sincerely,

Gary Freedman
Washington, DC
202 362 7064


cc:  The Honorable Garland Merrick, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals; The Honorable John G. Roberts, Chief Justice of the United States
______________________________

March 21, 2014
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC  20008

Angela Caesar, Clerk

U.S. District Court
E. Barrett Prettyman Courthouse
Room 4214 Group 10
333 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20001

RE:  Participant # 101476514   Juror # 01-1442

Dear Ms. Caesar:

I have been summoned for Jury duty, Date of Service Friday May 2, 2014 - Friday, May 16, 2014.  I enclose a completed Juror Qualification Questionnaire.  I am at a loss as to how to answer question no. 14: Grounds for Requesting Excuse.  I believe that I am qualified to serve as a juror, however there are issues about my mental health that I have a duty to disclose to the court.  In the event I am determined qualified for jury duty I plan to raise the following issues in open court before the presiding judge at voir dire.  Again, I believe that I have a constitutionally-protected right to serve as a juror and that I, in fact, am qualified to serve.

1.  I have been disabled and continuously unemployed since October 29, 1991.  Attorney managers of the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld (Akin Gump) (Dennis M. Race, Esq. 202 887 4028; Malcolm Lassman, Esq.; Laurence J. Hoffman, Esq.; Earl L. Segal, Esq.; and unnamed members of the firm's management committee), my former employer, terminated my employment effective October 29, 1991 after determining, in consultation with a practicing psychiatrist, that a complaint of harassment I had lodged against my supervisor and others was the product of a psychiatric "disorder" that rendered me unsuitable for employment and a direct threat in the workplace.  Freedman v. D.C. Department of Human Rights, D.C.C.A. no. 96-CV-961 (September 1, 1998).  I have received monthly disability benefits paid by the U.S. Social Security Administration from September 1993 to the present.  See attached letter to Assistant U.S. Attorney Darrell Valdez (Felony Fraud Certification).  Judge xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx (in June 1996) affirmed a prior agency finding that Akin Gump's disability determination was genuine and credible in her former capacity as a D.C. Superior Court judge.

2.  There is evidence that Akin Gump's disability determination, upon which the U.S. Social Security Administration relied in awarding benefits, was not genuine or credible: that it was, in fact, malicious and defamatory and made with the intent to avoid the legal consequences of an unlawful job termination.  See attached Letter to Assistant U.S. Attorney Darrell Valdez.  See also Letter copied to Judge xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx dated March 19, 1996.

3.  I continue to believe that I was a victim of job harassment during my tenure at Akin Gump, which belief, according to Akin Gump's criteria, continues to render me mentally ill and a direct threat to persons in my environment.  See attached
Statement of Gary Freedman Concerning Mental Status Affirmation Made by the District of Columbia Office of Corporation Counsel.

4.  I believe that I have been under covert surveillance by Akin Gump since late October 1988; the surveillance has lasted the past 25 years and continues.  See attached Letter to U.S. Secret Service dated January 5, 2005.  See also attached Statement in Support of Social Security Disability Benefits (filed under penalty of perjury).

5.  I have provided a document to the U.S. Marshals Service indicating that I have a genuine, good-faith belief that Akin Gump had its agents break into my apartment throughout the period June 2001 to August 2003 to carry out covert surveillance.  See attached Letter to Deputy U.S. Marshal xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx (Washington, DC) dated February 14, 2014.

6.  I have been diagnosed with the following severe (psychotic) mental illnesses: paranoid schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, paranoid (delusional) disorder, rule out schizoafffective disorder.  I believe these disorders were diagnosed as a direct result of Akin Gump's defamatory disability determination made in late October 1991 (see paragraph 1, above) and that these psychiatric diagnoses constitute the fruit of the poisonous tree.

Sincerely,


Gary Freedman, Esq.
Pennsylvania Attorney ID 41032

cc:  The Honorable Richard W. Roberts, Chief Judge
       Mark F. Giuliano, Deputy Director, FBI
____________________


March 22, 2014
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC  20008

The Honorable Richard W. Roberts
Chief Judge
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
333 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20077-0114

RE: Jury Duty --  Participant # 101476514   Juror # 01-1442

Dear Judge Roberts:

U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. knows about the issue of potential juror fraud in my case.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman, Esq.
Pennsylvania Attorney ID 41032

cc:  Clerks Office--U.S. District Court
       Mark F. Giuliano, Assistant Director, FBI

_______________________

August 4, 1994
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008

Dennis M. Race, Esq.
Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld
1333 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, DC

Dear Mr. Race:

As a resident of the District of Columbia and a citizen of the United States, I may be summoned at any time to serve on a jury of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia or the Superior Court of the District of Columbia ("Courts").

Sworn statements filed by the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld in D.C. Department of Human Rights and Minority Business Development Investigation docket no. 92-087-P(CN) concerning my mental health necessarily relate to my competence and fitness to serve as a juror and may, indeed, disqualify me from jury duty.

You are advised that should I be summoned for jury duty by either of the Courts, the subsequent failure by attorney managers of the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld affirmatively to disavow to the Courts any prior misrepresentations said managers may have made regarding my mental health, and which failure by said managers causes either of the Courts to disqualify me from jury duty by reason of mental impairment, may constitute an unlawful act of interference by said attorney managers in the jury selection process of the Courts in violation of the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia.

This communication is offered as a courtesy to Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, and is intended respectfully to advise that regardless of the bona fides of sworn statements filed by the firm with the D.C. Department of Human Rights, I am nonetheless in possession of documentary evidence that raises serious questions about the veracity of said sworn statements and may, ultimately, raise a fraud issue under either 28 U.S.C. Sec. 1865(b)(4) or D.C. Code Sec. 11-1906(b)(2)(A) should I be summoned for jury duty.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

cc: U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia [Eric H. Holder, Jr.]
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Jury Division, U.S. District Court for D.C.
Juror Office, D.C. Superior Court
Charles Reischel, Deputy D.C. Corporation Counsel

No comments: