Monday, December 10, 2012

Complaint re: Albert H. Taub, M.D. -- DC Board of Medicine

December 10, 2012
Saul M. Levin, M.D., M.P.A
Interim Director
D.C. Department of Health

Dear Dr. Levin:

This communication concerns Albert H. Taub, M.D., a District of Columbia licensed physician whose office is located in Bethesda, MD.

In a letter dated February 22, 1999 my then treating psychiatrist, Albert H. Taub, MD advised the D.C. Board of Medicine that I suffered from the debilitating psychotic disorder paranoid schizophrenia.  I did not at that time nor have I ever suffered from paranoid schizophrenia.  Dr. Taub's diagnosis was a false and deceptive statement intended by Dr. Taub to avoid disciplinary action by the D.C. Board of Medicine.

I later submitted Dr. Taub's letter to the U.S. Social Security Administration in support of my disability claim.  Dr. Taub's self-serving action in stating a false diagnosis had the effect of misleading the U.S. Social Security Administration into believing that I suffered from a grave and debilitating disorder.  Dr. Taub's false statement may constitute a felony under federal law: a violation of 42 USC Section 1011 (Penalties for fraud).

Indeed, in a treatment plan prepared by Dr. Taub and placed in my patient record at the D.C. Department of Mental Health, Dr. Taub assigned the diagnosis Paranoid (Delusional) Disorder only six months later in June 1999.

My treating psychologist from August 1998 to June 1999 was Dr. Lisa Osborn.

Gary Freedman
Washington, DC
202 362 7064


No comments: