Monday, July 23, 2007

Adrift in Paranoid Conspiracies

The following is the text of two emails that I forwarded to the Metropolitan Police of the District of Columbia as well as the U.S. Department of Justice. The emails discuss my belief that I have been the victim of a conspiracy controlled by attorney managers of my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld in Washington, DC. The conspiracy also involved the George Washington University Department of Psychiatry, where I was an outpatient during the period September 1992 to June 1996.


OFFICE OF THE CHIEF / U.S. ATTORNEY

The attached email dated July 20, 2006 addressed to the MPDC is a fraud and a sham and needs to be investigated.

1. First, there is no such thing as "intermittent episodes of paranoid schizophrenia." Paranoid schizophrenia is a chronic disorder. Once you have it, you have it for life. It doesn't just come and go like the wind. Any psychiatrist would find the statement "intermittent episodes of paranoid schizophrenia" to be ridiculous.

The following chronology suggests that the initial diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia in my case in February 1996 was a sham.

a.) In May 1994 I underwent comprehensive (2-day) psychological testing at The George Washington University Department of Psychiatry. The test results failed to yield a diagnosis and showed no psychotic thought processes. I was not on any medication at the time. In effect, the testing showed that there was nothing wrong with me and that I was not disabled under U.S. Social Security Administration rules.

b.) In January 1996 I submitted a letter to my then treating psychiatrist, Dimitrios Georgopoulos, M.D. that accused The George Washington University Department of Psychiatry of engaging in illegal conduct.

c.) About three weeks later, the psychiatrist, Dr. Georgopoulos, issued a written statement to me saying that I suffered from paranoid schizophrenia.

2. Second, there is persuasive circumstantial evidence that Dennis M. Race, Esq. (of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld) did not consult with Gertrude R. Ticho, MD or the Sheppard Pratt Employee Assistance Program prior to terminating me on October 29, 1991. In April 2004 I provided Officer J.E. Williams (MPDC 2nd District, Badge 1226) tape recordings of telephone conversations between me and Dr. Ticho and Sheppard Pratt in which both parties deny having any conversations with Dennis Race or any persons at Akin Gump about my mental state. There is no independent evidence, other than Dennis Race's bald assertions, that Akin Gump spoke to anyone about my mental state prior to terminating my employment on October 29, 1991. There is persuasive circumstantial evidence that Dennis Race offered false or perjured sworn statements to the DC Department of Human Rights. The Social Security Administration determined that I became disabled and unsuitable for employment on October 29, 1991 based on the false or perjured statements of Dennis Race, Esq.

Also, my former direct supervisor who said she believed that I might have been homicidal is a court-adjudicated racist. See McNeil v. Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, U.S. Dist. Court for the District of Columbia.

I welcome an investigation of this matter. The attached email makes monkeys out of the MPDC and the US Attorney's Office.

-----Original Message-----
From: GarFreed
To: dc.outreach@mailto:dc.outreach@usdoj.govcharles.ramsey@dc.gov
Sent: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:49:12 -0400
Subject: Compliance Certification

MPDC -- OFFICE OF THE CHIEF:

Due to substantial and continuing concerns about my mental health and stability Cleveland Park Branch Librarian Brian P. Brown has made my access to the DC Library contingent on my psychiatric treatment compliance.

1. MEDICATION: I had a consultation with my psychiatrist, Henry Barbot, MD (DC Dept. Mental Health) today July 20, 2006. Dr. Barbot continued his regimen of Effexor (300 mg/day), Geodon (80 mg/day), and Klonopin (1 mg/day). I certify that I am taking all the prescribed medications. Dr. Barbot has not recommended any additional medications.

I suffer from intermittent episodes of paranoid schizophrenia.

2. PSYCHOTHERAPY: I continue in weekly psychotherapy with Mozhdeh Roozegar, MD at St. Elizabeths Hospital.

I continue to have beliefs about Brian P. Brown that have been diagnosed as paranoid. These paranoid beliefs are symptoms of a severe mental illness that renders me unsuitable for employment and unfit for jury duty. http://backgrinfo.blogspot.com/2005/10/how-i-came-down-with-paranoid.html

My former employer, Dennis M. Race, Esq. (202 887 4028) determined in October 1991 in consultation with Gertrude R. Ticho, MD and the Sheppard Pratt Employee Assistance Program that I suffered from a mental illness that might be associated with a risk of violent behavior.

My former direct supervisor, Christine Robertson, believed that I might have been potentially homicidal.

I CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I UNDERSTAND THAT MAKING FALSE STATEMENTS TO THE MPDC MAY BE A PROSECUTABLE OFFENSE.

GARY FREEDMAN
(202) 362 7064

No comments: