Monday, October 01, 2007

Chilled and Alone on a Long Autumn Night


Autumn mists drift in blue over the lake;
All the grass is covered with hoarfrost;
One would think an artist had scattered jade-dust
Over the delicate blossoms.

The flowers' sweet scent is gone;
A cold wind bends their stems.
Soon the withered golden leaves
Of the lotus blossoms will float by on the water.

My heart is weary.
My little lamp
Has sputtered out, it summons me to sleep.
I come to you, dear resting place!

Yes, give me rest, I need to be refreshed.
I weep much in my loneliness.
The autumn in my heart endures too long.
Sun of love, will you never shine again
Gently to dry my bitter tears?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your poems are beautiful and really hit home. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

sharing a bit of that fall "letdown" tonight... cathartic to read your "words" - how you managed to capture the way I feel right now.
i hear your voice, myspace friend, my #1 philly "bro"..... smart, interesting and dark - (grin)

have an easy monday...
a.

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend , i love this, ur so right... All the best from vienna, Mathias