Monday, April 02, 2012

Letter to FBI: 11/19/94

November 19, 1994
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Washington, Field Office
1900 Half Street, SW
Washington, DC  20324-1600

RE:  Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld

Dear Sir:

Enclosed for your information is additional documentation regarding the above-referenced matter:

1.  Letter dated April 1, 1994 to Mr. Dennis M. Race at Akin Gump.  Mr. Race's failure to respond to the letter does not seem entirely consistent with the firm's stated reason for terminating my employment, namely, that although I was an outstanding employee ("as close to the perfect employee as it is possible to get!"), the firm had concerns about my mental health based in part on the statements of Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D.

2.  Supplemental Memorandum filed November 7, 1994 regarding the issue of whether the D.C. Court of Appeals has jurisdiction to review a no probable cause determination issued by the D.C. Dept. of Human Rights (DOHR).  1/  I direct your specific attention to footnote 5 at p. 5, which raises the issue of a federal civil rights violation by the DOHR.

3.  Computer disc containing psychological materials, including a letter to my current treating psychiatrist dated November 14, 1994 and an autobiographical study (on files designated BIO-1 to BIO-8).  These materials are forwarded to assist you in any personality profiling you may wish to perform on an individual determined by the Government of the District of Columbia to be paranoid, potentially violent, and a risk to those around him; and by his former direct supervisor to be possibly armed and homicidal.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

_________________________________
1/  My psychiatrist continues to describe me as "incapacitated" by my paranoia.  The striking paradox is that if I were charged with a crime, a Court might question, based on statements by George Washington University and others, whether I had the mental capacity to assist in my defense.  Yet, apparently, I have the mental capacity to handle my defense on my own.

No comments: