Monday, November 23, 2015

Letter to DC DBH

November 23, 2015
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC  20008

Tanya A. Royster, M.D.
Acting Director
D.C. Department of Behavioral Health
64 New York Avenue, NE
3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Dear Dr. Royster:

I am a consumer of mental health services provided by the D.C. Department of Behavioral Health (DBH).  I receive weekly out-patient psychotherapy from Alice E. Stone, M.D., a third-year psychiatry resident working under the supervision of Earl Baughman, M.D. (St. Elizabeths Hospital).  I have been a DBH consumer since mid-year 1996, 19 years.  I do not derive benefit from supportive psychotherapy.  I believe I need psychodynamic psychotherapy.  Is there something that DBH could do to help me obtain psychodynamic psychotherapy?

I enclose for your information a psychological profile that details my personality problems as I see them.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

Earle Baughman, M.D., Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1962. Psychiatric Residency: Vanderbilt. Supervising and Training Analyst, Baltimore-Washington Psychoanalytic institute; qualified in adolescent psychoanalysis. Diplomate, ABPN. Special interests: literature of the American South (William Faulkner, Ellen Gilchrist, Robert Penn Warren, Walker Percy, etc.). Dr. Baughman has been on the faculty for going on 40 years and is currently halftime at the residency program, splitting his time between Saint Elizabeths Hospital where he has residency education responsibilities, teaching several classes on psychodynamic theories and psychotherapy and provides individual psychotherapy supervision and providing onsite supervision at University of District of Columbia and Washington School of Psychiatry.